Job Opening: Recruitment Manager
December 24, 2020
Title: Recruitment Manager
Reports to: Director of Programs
Job Summary: Ashbrook is seeking an experienced higher education recruiter with a demonstrated track record of success to help fuel the continuing growth of Ashbrook’s Master of Arts Degree in American History and Government, and its educational programs for American history and government teachers and students.
- Oversee development of Ashbrook’s recruitment strategy for its MA Degree programs, online graduate courses, and teacher education programs
- Oversee the development of messaging and marketing content for Ashbrook’s MA Degree programs, online graduate courses, and teacher education programs
- Manage and build Ashbrook’s enrollment strategy and budget, including overseeing creation of content, managing vendor relationships and workflow, and evaluating success of the enrollment funnel
- Manage and build Ashbrook’s strategy and budget for converting prospects to enrolled students or program participants;
- Ensure the effective use of Ashbrook’s teacher resource website, TeachingAmericanHistory.org, as a marketing and recruitment tool;
- Ensure continual improvement of all of Ashbrook’s recruitment efforts based on best practices in higher education enrollment management.
- Commitment to the mission of the Ashbrook Center
- At least three years of demonstrated success in higher education admissions and recruiting
- Demonstrated experience managing complicated projects, workflows, and vendors
- The ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative, to ensure the completion of time-sensitive projects
- The ability to analyze enrollment funnel data in order to establish goals and recognize program enrollment trends
- The ability to work and communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner
- Excellent written communication and proofreading skills
- Great comfort and familiarity with technology, including the ability to use basic office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Dropbox
- Experience with standard web technology, design software, and social media platforms
- Sound judgment and maturity
About the Ashbrook Center
The Ashbrook Center is an independent educational center housed at Ashland University (in Ashland, OH), which seeks to restore and strengthen the capacities of the American people for constitutional self-government. Through undergraduate, graduate, and civic programs, the Ashbrook Center aspires to be the leading national educator in the enduring principles and practice of free government in the United States. The Ashbrook Center offers teachers the opportunity to study with some of the best history and government scholars in the country. Bringing together teachers and scholars from across America, the Ashbrook Center has become, in effect, a national university with unrivalled capacity for deepening teachers’ understanding and appreciation of America. Ashbrook seeks to increase its capacity to offer professional development programming and resources to our nation’s history and government teachers.
Since 1983, the Ashbrook Center has demonstrated an extraordinary track record of success by building and refining a series of high-quality programs that impact thousands of teachers and hundreds of thousands of students nationwide.
The Ashbrook Center is located in Ashland, OH, approximately 65 miles from Cleveland. This position will be located at Ashbrook’s offices at Ashland University.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. The Ashbook Center provides employees opportunities to purchase health, dental, vision, and life insurance offered to employees of Ashland University, as well as participation in a 403(b) retirement plan.
Ashbrook Center follows the policies of Ashland University that meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter (including salary history and list of two professional references) to Jason Ross, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.