Job Opening - Teacher Programs Manager
December 24, 2020
Title: Teacher Programs Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Position Description: Working within the programs division, the teacher programs manager will manage the expansion of teacher programs into new areas, coordinate the operations of programs in existing areas, and coordinate outreach to teachers.
- Expansion and Recruitment (75%)
- Attend various national and state conferences to identify and establish relationships with state and district decision makers
- Establish partnerships with leaders and decision-makers in new areas to conduct programs
- Look for and establish other strategic partnerships
- Conduct initial programs in these new areas
- Use judgment in pursuing sustainable/cost-sharing projects with districts
- Program Maintenance (25%)
- Work with teacher programs coordinators and Ashbrook Ambassadors that programs in existing areas are covered as needed
Education: A BA or BS degree is required, with a strong preference for candidates possessing an advanced degree in history, political science, or a related field.
Experience: Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of experience as a classroom teacher of U.S. history, government, or civics, or as a presenter in a comparable setting. Preference given to teachers who are MAHG graduates or current students.
- Commitment to the mission of the Ashbrook Center;
- Great comfort and familiarity with technology, including the ability to use webinar software (like WebEx or GoToTraining), as well as the ability to use basic office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Dropbox (knowledge of WordPress and/or HTML is a plus);
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the desire to speak to audiences of professional colleagues;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to travel approximately 30-40 percent of the time;
- Good judgment and maturity.
About the Ashbrook Center
The Ashbrook Center is an independent educational center housed at Ashland University (in Ashland, OH), which seeks to restore and strengthen the capacities of the American people for constitutional self-government. Through undergraduate, graduate, and civic programs, the Ashbrook Center aspires to be the leading national educator in the enduring principles and practice of free government in the United States. The Ashbrook Center offers teachers the opportunity to study with some of the best history and government scholars in the country. Bringing together teachers and scholars from across America, the Ashbrook Center has become, in effect, a national university with unrivalled capacity for deepening teachers’ understanding and appreciation of America. Ashbrook seeks to increase its capacity to offer professional development programming and resources to our nation’s history and government teachers.
Since 1983, the Ashbrook Center has demonstrated an extraordinary track record of success by building and refining a series of high-quality programs that impact thousands of teachers and hundreds of thousands of students nationwide.
The Ashbrook Center is located in Ashland, OH, approximately 65 miles from Cleveland. Ashbrook will consider remote working arrangements for qualified and highly motivated candidates.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. The Ashbook Center provides employees opportunities to purchase health, dental, vision, and life insurance offered to employees of Ashland University, as well as participation in a 403(b) retirement plan.
Ashbrook Center follows the policies of Ashland University that meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.
Please email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com by July 13, 2018