Banned Books: What Mark Twain Still has to Teach Us
Thank you – You are now registered!
Thank you for registering for the upcoming webinar, “Banned Books: What Mark Twain Still has to Teach Us.” Our experience of “cancel culture” today is not as unique as it might seem. We look forward to discussing past attempts in American history to censor rather than argue with new ideas.
There’s a lot we can learn from Mark Twain and his seminal works in American literature. Yet too often, our kids and grandkids are banned from reading him.
This webinar is made possible by the generous support of Americans who still believe in reading the Great Books. These good Americans believe that education plays a crucial role in strengthening self-government, and that free inquiry and debate are the only proper response to new ideas. Ashbrook aims to educate our fellow Americans in the history and Founding principles of our country and the habits of reflection and choice necessary to perpetuate our republic. Simply put, we are in the freedom business.
Our Founders knew that for our freedom to endure, Americans need to understand the principles of self-government and their rights and duties as citizens. Therein lies the most essential purpose of American education.
Will you help strengthen American education today by making a contribution to the Ashbrook Center? Your gift will make it possible for others to participate in educational webinars like this one.
And your generous contribution will:
- Help restore the foundation of civic education in America and reach the young through those who teach the young.
- Equip teachers to help their students discover the truth about America and become citizens who understand, honor, and uphold America’s Founding principles of freedom.
- Supplement or replace textbooks with original documents in classrooms across the country.
- Prepare Americans of all ages to have civil conversations about sensitive issues in American history and politics.
- Fund opportunities for high school students to participate in the summer Ashbrook Academy and learn what it means to be American.
- Educate undergraduate students in the Ashbrook Scholar Program to be principled leaders for America’s future.
Your contribution to the Ashbrook Center will make a critical difference in developing the educated citizenry necessary to secure America’s legacy of freedom and opportunity.
You can make your tax-deductible donation to Ashbrook with the secure form below: