The Benjamin Franklin Legacy Society was established to recognize those who make a commitment to the Ashbrook Center through their estate plans–by will or trust, through life insurance products, or through annuities, charitable trusts, or other life income agreements.
Through charitable gift planning, you can create a meaningful legacy while ensuring you own financial security. Your planned gift to the Ashbrook Center will have a lasting impact and help preserve the blessings of liberty for your children and grandchildren.
There are many types of charitable gifts, including:
- Bequests by Will: A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an attorney, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to family, friends or the Ashbrook Center as part of your estate plan, or you can make a bequest using a beneficiary designation form.
- Retirement Plan Assets: To leave your retirement assets to the Ashbrook Center, you will need to complete a beneficiary designation form provided by your retirement plan custodian. If you designate the Ashbrook Center as beneficiary, we will benefit from the full value of your gift because your IRA assets will not be taxed at your death. Your estate will benefit from an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift.
- Life Insurance: A gift of your life insurance policy is an excellent way to make a gift to the Ashbrook Center. If you have a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose, consider making a gift of your insurance policy to the Ashbrook Center. For example, you may have purchased a policy to provide for minor children and they are now financially independent adults.
- Charitable Gift Amounts: A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and the Ashbrook Center, which transfers cash or property to the Ashbrook Center. You receive a signed annuity contract that promises to pay fixed payments to you for life.
- Charitable Trusts: You make a contribution of your property to fund a trust that pays Ashbrook income for a number of years. You receive a gift or estate tax deduction at the time of your gift. After a period of time, your family receives the trust assets plus any additional growth in value.
Becoming a member of the Benjamin Franklin Legacy Society demonstrates not only a commitment to the future of the Ashbrook Center but also to the future of America. As you think about your legacy, please remember Benjamin Franklin’s example and consider making a gift in support of America’s future—a gift to teach generations to come about what it means to be an American.
Follow in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin and become a Charter Member of the Benjamin Franklin Legacy Society at the Ashbrook Center.
To learn more about the best way for you to benefit by making a planned gift to the Ashbrook Center, please call Tim Haglund at 419-289-5834.